Folate helps to reduce the risk of women having a child with birth defects of the brain and spinal cord if taken daily for one month before conception and during pregnancy. Folates also assists in healthy red blood cell production.
How many should I take?
Adults - Take 1 tablet a day with a meal or as professionally prescribed.
- Do not exceed the stated dose of folic acid. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect/spina bifida, seek specific medical advice.
- Always talk to your health professional before taking multiple products for pregnancy.
- Supplements may only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate.
- Advise your doctor of any medicine you take during pregnancy, particularly in the first trimester.
- Store below 30°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.